RIBA Approved CPD Curriculum Courses for Architects and Specifiers.
CPD Curriculum Courses which provide introductions to the specification of building glass for a range of applications and sectors.
At Next Generation Rooflights we have two RIBA Approved CPD Core Curriculum Courses for Architects and Specifiers.
Both our CPD courses provide introduction to the specification of building glass for a range of applications and sectors.
You can book either of our Next Generation Rooflights RIBA Approved CPD Core Curriculum Courses by contacting our Technical Specification Managers, both of whom who will be more than happy to help.
RIBA Approved CPD Core Curriculum Course One is "A Guide to Innovative Rooflight Design" and covers
- The benefits of natural light
- The properties of glass and glass processing
- What makes a good rooflight
- Thermal Performance including thermal and solar specifications
- How to Specify Glass for your installation considerations
RIBA Approved CPD Core Curriculum Course Two is "Approved Document L: Effects on the Specification of Rooflights and Roof glazing" and covers
- The effects on specification of rooflights and roof glazing
- Understand the changes made to part L
- Changes to Upstands
- Roof Glazing and Approved Document L
- SAP calculations & Notional Buildings
- Sustainability benefits of rooflights
How these courses benefit your learning, they help you:
- Gain greater understanding of the requirements of roof glazing specification.
- Understand the important factors that drive specification, including thermal and solar, acoustics and glass thickness.
- Show you how visual issues impact glazing and the importance of specification.
- Improve your working knowledge of innovations in rooflights and roof glazing.
- Learn about eco-innovations in rooflights and roof glazing.
- Understand how rooflights and roof glazing can affect a building's health and wellbeing benefits.